Diigo List

English 311 resources

Online Identity



Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Principals of my life.

Reading over the the seven habits of  highly effective people gave me confirmation as to rules and regulations of how I currently live my life. The number one principal that I live by is, "do unto other as you would want done unto you." People don't always do as they should or make the right or best decisions, this in my opinion is apart of life. Being a adult and becoming older teaches us. Along my journey I have learned when addressing difficult situations I can not act instantly. When someone upset me, I take a deep breath and tell myself not to allow the person to ruin my mood, It  takes more energy to frown than to smile. I know to step back and evaluate what is happening, why it's happening and what can I do to make it better. Acting instinctively about things can cause trouble and because human nature tells people to act without thinking; this is a huge reason for so much conflict in the world today. When I step back, evaluate, think about why the scenario happened, this can calm me and keep me from getting upset. It is hard to do, but with patience and practice it can be achieved and make me a happier person. If I'm having a bad day, and I happen to snap at someone, I would hope that they wouldn't curse at me or act angry at me. I hope that they would try to understand, which is why I try to understand others when things happen.
Another principal that is very important to me, that I just recently figured out is "O well". As stated in the reading above, I cannot worry, control, or fix things that isn't my problem, or that is out of my control. I am the type of person who always wants to help, or try to make it better for someone else if I able to, even if I have to bend over backwards to do so. Experience/life lesson has taught me that this is a No-No. When I do go out of my way to help others, a lot of time it backfires, because what I can and will do for someone else, that person wont do it for themselves. I have to put my time and energy into things and people who are striving for success. I can help them but with only so much effort. Meaning I cant make it happen for them. I know that anything in life is achievable and it's all about how much effort and time, I'm willing to put in to achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment